What to find out What’s New with Flat River Outreach Ministries? Check out the list below for our latest news, press releases, media coverage, and more. Visit our Calendar for upcoming events!
What’s New at FROM
- June 6: Food Fight 2018 beats $120,000 goal and declares Team South the 2018 Winner! Food Fight 2018 raised over $126,000 in food and finances to surpass our 2018 goal. Want to see the final total, click here
- May 25: FROM Planning 20th Anniversary Party June 20th! Click here for all the details, including how to get your tickets
- April 15: FROM Food Fight 2018 Coming Soon. Food Fight 2018 runs April 16- June 1st. To find out more about Food Fight, click here
- January 3, 2018: FROM celebrating 20 years of service
- October 9: FROM Hiring Part-time Intake Specialist. FROM is hiring a part-time Intake Specialist who will be responsible for providing a professional and supportive first contact to people seeking assistance in the Connections Office. Working directly with clients, the intake specialist conducts intake interviews, provides information on community resources, and works alongside staff in coordinating program referrals. Ideal candidate would have 3 years experience in a social service setting. BSW or equivalent degree preferred
- April 22: FROM Holds Spring Volunteer Appreciation Gathering and Honors Longtime Volunteers
For photos from the event, visit our Facebook page or check out this video from the event
- Feb 22: Lighthouse to Hold Job Fair at FROM on March 16, 2017
Lighthouse will hold a job fair at FROM on March 16th for open position on first, second and third shifts. Click here to access Job Fair Flyer with additional details.
- Feb 20: Food Commodities Adds April Distribution Date
FROM is adding an April Food Commodities distribution on April 13 from 9:00-11:00 and 2:00-4:30 and April 14 form 10:00-noon. The distribution typically takes place quarterly, but FROM is testing adding additional dates, starting in April. Regular distribution takes place in March, June, September and December. For more information on the Food Commodities program, click here.
- Feb 15: Buyers Guide: FROM and United Way Team Up to Help Families with Tax Preparation
- Jan 26: Lowell’s First Look: Flat River Outreach Ministries Offers Free Tax Preparation
- Jan 26: Money Management Classes
FROM is hosting a FREE Money Management Class for anyone who would like to learn more about managing personal finances. Led by a trained facilitator, this 4 week class will cover topics like sound budgeting, spending and saving techniques, how to manage / develop credit, and much more.
The Money Management Class takes place on Mondays from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Classes begin on February 6th 2017 and then on Feb 13, Feb 20, and Feb 27. All classes will meet in the Board Room at the FROM office. We prefer registration in advance, but same-day registration is also welcome. To register contact our Connections Office at (616) 897-8260 ext 24 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jan 19: Veterans Tax Day February 15, 2017
February 15, 2017 will be a special Veteran’s Tax Day from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at FROM. This walk-in event will allow any Veteran to have their taxes done for free with no income limitation on this day.
- Jan 16: Tax Preparation Service Now Scheduling Appointments
The Volunteer Tax Assistance Program (VITA) is now scheduling appointments for tax preparation. Morning, afternoon and evening appointments will be scheduled for Tuesdays from February 7 through April 18, 2017. Call United Way at 2-1-1 or 800-887-1107 to schedule.
- Jan 12: Program Closures
Due to the Lowell School closure today (January 12, 2017), the Food Pantry , Senior commodities, and other programs will be closed. Treasures Thrift Shop will remain open.