It Takes a Village: Who We Are
Flat River Outreach Ministries (FROM) is a nonprofit organization focused on bringing together individuals, families, churches, and businesses to respond to the needs of our neighbors in the greater Lowell community. Organized in 1998 by 13 local churches, FROM works alongside families in need to help them improve their quality of life.
What began as a small community food pantry, serving an average of 20 families each month, is now a full-service ministry that provides services to over 300 families every month in the Lowell Area School District.
How We’re Funded
Treasures Thrift Shop forms our financial backbone, selling quality used clothing, furniture and household goods at affordable prices. In addition to the support from Treasures, FROM relies on donations from area individuals and businesses, with a small portion of the annual revenue coming from grants.
Guiding Principles for Who We Are
We strive to uphold the following principles in every aspect of our ministry:
- Faith requires us to act with sensitivity and value each individual person.
- Service is an act of love by providing assistance that furthers growth for our neighbors.
- Fairness is marked by impartiality and honesty, free from self-interest, prejudice, or favoritism.
- Compassion draws us to listen without judgment.
- Connectivity acknowledges that we are in this together and that no one can succeed alone.
- Accountability is the recognition that each of us chooses our responses and actions.
- Responsibility causes us to give honest responses based on our best understanding of the situation and the mission and vision that directs FROM.
- Authenticity means that our work is about caring honestly and consistently for people.
- Stewardship speaks to our desire and ability to be good managers with all of our resources.