Are you Behind on Electric or Heating Bills? FROM’s can help!
FROM’s Utility Payment Program (UPP), previously called MEAP, is a utility assistance program that helps individuals living in the Lowell Area School District pay their heat and electric bills.
How to Qualify for Utility Assistance:
In order to qualify for utility assistance, you must live in the Lowell Area School District and have a past due utility bill, shut off notice, or be at (or below) 25% deliverable fuel.
You must also meet income guidelines of $ 1,485.00 a month for an individual or $ 3,037.50 a month for a family of four. Please note that the income amounts listed are a guideline only. Certain expenses change the income qualifications. Even if you don’t meet the amount listed, please speak with a member of our Connections Team.
Types of Utilities Included in UPP:
- Natural Gas
- Propane Heat
- Other deliverable fuel (i.e. fuel oil, wood pellets, etc.)
Utility Payment Program Details:
The UPP not only helps with payments for past due home energy bills, but it also provides the opportunity for program participants to work with an empowerment coach to set attainable goals and gain new skills related to energy efficiency and money management.
Those in the program will receive
- An energy audit of their home to identify if there are areas where they can increase their homes energy efficiency
- Personalized assistance to address energy gaps identified in the home audit
- Assistance with the energy bill that brought you to the program. Participants can choose either a one-time payment or a four-time payment option
- One-on-One coaching from a trained Empowerment Coach to help you reach any energy, financial, career, or personal goals identified
- Free CFL bulbs for your home
Click here to access 2017 Flyer
Qualifications and Enrollment
To find out if you qualify and to begin the enrollment process, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call Flat River Outreach Ministries at 616-897-8260, extension 24 or come to our office. Please note that enrollment is limited.